On May 20th, 2016, SBSS hosted the Los Angeles Aging Advocacy Coalition’s 7th Annual Summit on Aging joined by over 300 advocates and community stakeholders. We were thrilled have over 350 advocates, providers, organizations, seniors and community stakeholders join us at the USC Tutor Conference Center Ballroom.
We are so thankful to all our speakers and panelists who presented on our event’s theme “Aging in Community”:
- The Honorable Carol Liu, California State Senate, District 25
- The Honorable Jimmy Gomez, California State Assembly, District 51
- The Honorable Robert Hertzberg, California State Senate, District 18
- Lora Connolly, Director, California State Department of Aging
- The Honorable Mitch O’Farrell, Los Angeles City Council, District 13
- Mike Eng, Vice President, Board of Trustees of the Los Angeles Community College Direct
- Ana Guerrero, Chief of Staff, Los Angeles City Mayor Eric Garcetti
- Paul Vandeventer, President & CEO, Community Partners
- Gretchen Brickson, Senior Director of Managed LTSS, LA Care
- Steve Wallace, Chair and Professor of the Dept. of Community Health Sciences, UCLA
- Caroline Cicero, Instructional Assistant Professor, USC Davis School of Gerontology
- Pam Mokler, Vice President of LTSS, Care1st Health Pla
Every Summit, LAAAC honors an individual who has demonstrated an extraordinary commitment to aging advocacy, made outstanding contributions to the health and wellbeing of older adults and caregivers in Los Angeles County, and has demonstrated effectiveness as an advocate for seniors and their caregivers.
LAAAC was proud to present the 2016 LAAAC Champion Award to Dr. Marie Torres, Senior Vice President of Government Relations at AltaMed and Co-Founder of LAAAC.
Thank you to all our generous sponsors, planning committee members, speakers and attendees for successful Summit! Click here to see pictures from the event.